Website Design and Maintenance Workshop - ICT005
By: Centre for Management Development (CMD)
Lagos State, Nigeria
Aug 10 - 14 Aug, 2015
More and more institutions rely on web applications in order to create and maintain their presence on the internet which offers the opportunity of increasing their clientele base and interacting with them more effectively and efficiently. Within the last few years, PHP has grown to be the most widespread web platform in the world, operational in more than a third of the web servers across the globe. PHP is a powerful language for writing server-wide applications while MySQL is the world’s most popular open source database. Together, these two technologies provide one with a powerful platform for building database-driven web applications, enabling an institution to achieve a sustainable competitive advantage in its core functions. This workshop is aimed at providing an introductory step into the vast seashore of web applications and maintenance.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Appraise the role of web applications in organizational success
- Identify tasks and institutional functions that should be transformed to web applications
- Apply introductory PHP programming skills to successfully build interactive, data-driven sites
- Utilize introductory MySQL database skills to build the databases that will power their sites
- Use relevant packages to maintain existing websites.
Officers in IT Departments, Researchers interested in maintaining a dynamic website of their work and Middle-level and Senior Managers, Secretaries and Personal Assistants in both public and private organizations
M. A. Olaniyan
Venue: CMD Training Complex, Shangisha, Lagos