E-Learning comprises all forms of electronically supported learning and teaching. It is essentially the computer and network-enabled transfer of skills and knowledge. Its application and process include web-based learning, computer based learning, virtual education opportunities and digital collaboration. Content is delivered via the internet, intranet audio or video tape, satellite TV and CDROM. It can be self-paced or instructor-led and includes media in the form of text, image, and animation.
To make Nigeria’s quest for a place among the top 20 economies of the World by 2020 feasible, access to information and communication technology at all level of the education and training sector should be accorded priority. This is the only way to reposition the educational and training system to meet global standards, as ICT and E-learning has been used in other countries to fast-track economic development.
This programme is designed as a train-the-trainer’s workshop to introduce participants to the rudiments of e-learning, including approaches and tools. It is aimed at equipping the participants with the knowledge and skills for conducting e-learning training programmes.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- List different approaches to ELearning
- Describe various technologies for e-learning delivery
- Discuss the features of computer-based assessments
- Describe the structure of a modules, unit and lesson
- Develop a lesson note suitable for e-learning delivery
- Create html content using various software
- Preparing E-Learning contents using PowerPoint
- Make informed decisions about alternative technologies.
Managers responsible for training in both private and public organizations, management educators and trainers, and personnel and human resources development managers
J. O. KALU