The workshop will highlight current trends and practices in corporate in internal auditing. Issues to be discussed include:
- The wider scope of roles and responsibilities of a modern internal auditor.
- Audit planning methods
- Systems documentation review and upgrading
- How to write an effective audit report
- How the internal auditor should relate to managers in other departments as well as the external auditors
- Computer auditing techniques
- Financial Investigations
- The vexed issue of Corporate fraud: Types, Causes, Detection and Management
- The internal auditor as the watchdog of management and the issue of independence of the internal auditor.
- Challenges of the future.
- Fundamentals of Pro-Active Internal Auditing
- Widened scope of duties and responsibilities of today’s internal auditor
- Relationship of the internal audit department and other department and other department and other departments
- Compliance Programme & Reporting
- Relationship between internal auditors and externals auditors
- Peculiarities of public sector auditing: public accounts committee, the alarm system, the auditor general’s role ect.
- The audit committee and the intern auditor.
- Internal audit as a cost tool
- COSO FRAMEWORK
- Independence of the internal auditor.
- Risk Management Best Practice
- Audit Planning Methods
- Principles governing an audit: integrity, objectivity, independence, and confidentiality
- Confidentiality etc
- Assessment of existing controls and inherent risk
- Preparation of the audit programme
- Audit working papers: audit manuals, programme documents ect.
- Adequate staffing for the audit function
- The audit supervision chain
- Enthroning Fraud Preventive Internal Control System
- Definition of internal control system
- Internal control systems and procedures
|New Lap Hotel Jabi Abuja Nigeria.
||Dec 09 - 12 Dec, 2019
Dr. Francis Okereke +2348082263439
Very seasoned industry experts will lead this all important seminar.