People management is one of the most daunting tasks facing managers; especially those at the middle management level in the workplace. People are unpredictable. People have emotions and feelings and they cannot all be treated in the same way. This makes people management complicated. Furthermore, new managers are often faced with the difficulty of having to manage a team that used to be their peers and this can make the transition even more intimidating.
This training has been designed to provide participants with the tools they need to coach develop and lead competent, motivated employees by gaining a deeper understanding of the complex nature of people.
At the end of the training programme, participants should be able to:
- Understand what makes an effective people manager.
- Understand how to gain credibility and acceptance.
- Effectively analyze and address work issues that impact overall team cohesion and organizational performance.
- Understand how to use rewards & recognition effectively in people management.
- Implement newly-refined interpersonal skills aimed at reducing workplace conflict and increase cooperation among employees.