By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Identify and explain the process and value of facilitation.
- Examine the core concepts and competencies required to understand the dynamics of group process and facilitation.
- Recognize group’s dynamics and balance between task and maintenance functions.
- Apply facilitation tools and techniques in a variety of situations.
- Ultimately improve their role as facilitators.
Who should attend?
Team leaders, supervisors and managers who want to improve the effectiveness of their teams and group process, trainers who want to enhance participation among adult learners, as well as other professionals who wish to improve their skills in managing group dynamics in a variety of situations.
- The what’s and Whys of Facilitation
- How Facilitating Differs from Training and Presenting
- Desirable Facilitating Behaviors and Competencies
- Factors Affecting Facilitation
- Effective Facilitation: Managing Structure Not Content
- Content versus Process
- Group Process and Team Member Roles
- Understanding and Using Quality Communication
- Characteristics of Effective Facilitators