By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of developing a solid Scope of Work and the implications of failing to do so.
- Plan and conduct several contract-related negotiations.
- Use communication and planning skills that will allow reaching a win-win outcome.
- Successfully negotiate Contractual Claims and Change Orders.
Who should attend?
Those involved in contract and/or business related negotiations. The program will also benefit those involved in negotiating the procurement of manpower and the purchasing of material supplies.
- Developing the Scope of Work
- Must and Want Criteria
- Assigning Weights
- Avoiding Pitfalls through Internal and External Research
- Evaluating Your Market
- When to Negotiate and When to Tender
- Know Your Company Policy and Practices
- Evaluate the Situation
- Justify Negotiation and/or Single Sourcing
- The Secrets to Effective Negotiation