By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Define and understand the sources of conflict.
- Resolve conflicts using different strategies.
- Identify their personal conflict resolution style.
- Apply influence and explore their relationships with others.
Who should attend?
Managers, supervisors and professionals who wish to improve their conflict resolution styles and those who wish to influence others even when authority is lacking.
- Definitions of Conflict
- Misconceptions about Conflict
- Sources of Conflict
- Positive and Negative Factors of Conflict
- Business Management and Conflict Resolution
- Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument
- Scoring and Interpretations
- Ways of Coping with Conflict
- Assumptions and Outcome of Conflict
- Influencing Others in a Problem-Solving Context