By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Explain performance management - definitions, aims and developments.
- Develop tangible and intangible measures of performance
- Establish business based objectives - including SMART targets and measures.
- Understand the performance management cycle and how to manage it.
- Complete the performance management cycle including end of year reviews, using competencies and the various rewards programs.
Who should attend?
Line managers and supervisors: who are held accountable for the performance of the organization and its employees. Human Resources professionals: who are responsible for the design and implementation of performance management systems?
- Performance Management - Introduction and Definitions
- Definitions and Aims
- Key Terms
- Corporate Values - How Important Are They?
- Forced Ranking Systems - Do They Work?
- The Annual Performance Cycle - Overview
- Establishing Effective Objectives
- Cascading - Vision, Mission and Strategies
- Performance Criteria - 3 Types
- Critical Success Factors and Key Result Areas