Negation is a key still for professionals. Through negotiation, individuals gain the ability to increase value in numerous aspects of their work by increasing the effectiveness of their communication skills and persuasiveness. Other benefits of being a skilled negotiator include avoiding being cheated, being able to counteract difficult negotiators and their tactics and know when and how to walk away from a negotiation.
- Describe the basic principles of the negotiating and influencing process
- Develop a range of techniques and skill aimed at improving performance
- Apply these skills in a wide range of situations.
- Effective negotiation
- What does it mean to negotiate?
- The Four Phase Model of negotiating
- Defining the Negotiation Environment
- Conducting a principled negotiation
- Standards for principled negotiation
- Planning Wise Negotiation Outcomes
- Forming a negotiation preparation plan
- Setting the stage for a successful negotiation
- Going Head-to-Head with “Hardball” Negotiators
- The Psychological if Successful Negotiation
- Questioning, listening and influencing
- Understanding behaviour and real power
- Closing the deal that works for you
- Using principled negotiation for conflict resolution
- Applying your skills in a life-like case study