By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- See how the budget relates to the key financial statements: balance sheet, income statement, and cash flows.
- Prepare a budget consistent with the organization's strategic plan.
- Use appropriate estimation techniques in the development of revenue and expense budgets.
- Identify all the appropriate costs to be included in a capital expenditure proposal.
- Analyse management cost reports and take corrective action.
Who should attend?
All managers, supervisors and analysts: who prepare and/or use management budgets.
- Principles of Budgeting and Cost Control
- The Critical Functions of Management
- Is Control the Missing Link?
- Linking the Tactical Budget to Strategic Objectives
- The Strategic Planning Process and the Budget as a Plan
- Aligning the Budget with the Organization's Strategy
- Types of Budgets
- Master Budget, Operating and Capital Budgets
- Financial Budgets
- Approaches to Budgeting