Historically, office has been considered a relatively safe and healthy environment to work. However, regular complaint of discomfort, anxiety, irritation, general job dissatisfaction measured in terms of sick leave, absenteeism, poor job turn over, etc have revealed the need for office safety and health training. More so, the rate of office accidents decline when office workers are informed of potential hazards and safe work practices.
- Understanding peculiar hazards and types of accidents in office workplace
- Why do accidents happen?
- Office accident causative factors and preventive measure
- Office related hazards control
- Understanding office safety procedures
- Environmental consideration in the office safety
- Office ergonomics and new emerging technology in the office
- Guideline/procedure to emergency response
- Indoor Air Pollution and Control
- Communication Safety in the office
- Power Points Presentations
- Case studies
- Small group activities
- Lecture note
- Safety Films
Benefits of the Training
Office safety and health training is a necessary preventive action program that will teach and instruct the employees about hazards associated to office workplace as well as provide them with corrective measures and control. The office safety training will produce the following benefits
- Office workplace hazards and their consequences are controlled at the source thereby creating a safety first culture in the organization
- The organization will record fewer work related injuries and occupational disease
- Reduce absenteeism levels among the workforce
- The employees will understand measures they can take to protect themselves from these office hazards, including specific procedures the employer has implemented to protect them from exposures such as appropriate work practices, emergency procedures and personal protective equipment, etc
- Reduce indirect cost of accidents and illness which can be four to ten times greater than direct costs, or even more
- Reduction of company heath care costs
- Reduced insurance premiums and compensation claims
Who should attend?
This training is specially designed for ALL members of staff in organizations that want to develop positive safety culture at the workplace Please, all nominees should reach the training coordinator on or before 15th May, 2015.