Departments and teams are increasingly expected to align their work with wider business objectives. Managers must be financially intelligent, to speak the language of business and understand their company’s performance as it relates to their departmental and team deliverables. This 2 day programme will not only illuminate key financial concepts, but also demonstrate how to use and apply them to make sound business cases and decisions.
At the end of the programme, participants should be able to:
- Gain thorough understanding of the key financial concepts Communicate effectively with management about the financial side of the business.
- Analyse and evaluate a company’s performance using the main financial statements
- Employ techniques that will maximize cash flow
- Apply Business Intelligence (BI) approaches to financial data analysis
- Confidently assess return on investment for potential expenditure.
- Understanding Key Financial Terms
- Profit and Loss Accounts, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow Statements
- Using Financial Information as a Management Tool
- Operational Income and Cost Accounting
- Understanding Working Capital
- Understanding and Analysing Cash Flow
- Profit vs. Cash flow Budgeting