Corporate Social Responsibility is slowly becoming a global function of significant value. All organisations are linked to the communities in which they operate and a multitude of different formal and informal groups have an interest in what the organisation does. This course helps delegates understand the impact their organisation makes locally and how to ensure their contribution is positive.
Who Should Attend?
Senior Executives responsible for corporate planning and direction; including Managers who have responsibility for planning or implementing engagements between their organisation and the local communities in which they do business.
Key Course Highlights
- Engaging communities and key stakeholders
- Building communication strategies
- Creating a community relations strategy
- Conflict resolution
- Persuasive communication skills
- Developing and implementing a community oriented programme