On this highly practical course you will learn how to make the linkages from leadership theory to dynamic and successful team achievement. The course clearly defines the key stages of team development and how situations impact on the maturity of the team. You will learn practical and logical methods to organise and motivate in order to achieve outstanding performance. The important skills of objective and goal setting will be developed along with how to manage the performance of teams and establish measures to benchmark outcomes.
Who Should Attend?
This course is specifically designed for people who are currently in managerial or supervisory positions and have received little or no previous in team building it is also very useful for people who have aspirations of moving into management and supervision.
Key Course Highlights
- Identify the key skills and characteristics of successful leaders and team managers
- Clearly define what “team’’ means and how it differs from a group of individuals
- Work with models to establish differing team types and behaviours
- Identifying and working with Belbin’s team inventory and his team types
- How to develop a process to support effective goal and objective setting
- Working with the skill / will matrix
- Measuring the team’s performance - giving feedback
- Managing those difficult conversations
- How our team and its maturity influences our leadership approach