On this course you will learn the essential skills required to coach and mentor effectively. During the duration of the course you will explore the meaning of leadership and its key linkage to coaching, develop your coaching skills in practice sessions, receive feedback from your peers and build your own vision for leadership using coaching and mentoring as a key enabler.
Who Should Attend?
This course is specifically designed for people who are currently in managerial or supervisory positions and have received little or no previous training in coaching and mentoring skills. It is also very useful for people who have aspirations of moving into management and supervision.
Key Course Highlights
- The challenges of leadership in today’s business environment
- Differentiating between coaching, mentoring and other development processes
- Identifying and working with a range of coaching methodologies
- Establishing the five steps for effective coaching conversations
- Establishing rapport and developing essential listening skills
- Suspending judgements - listening for possibilities
- Identifying the pitfalls of listening for no possibility
- Working with acknowledged - tried and tested tools - techniques
- Coaching in challenging situations
- Giving feedback - constructive criticism
- Unlocking resourceful thinking and attitudes