On this course you will learn the essential skills of the high performance leader. The course will identify the key elements which support and enable high performance leadership. You will establish just how leaders can promote and support a culture of achievement through appropriate people management and leadership. A range of tools and techniques will establish just how leaders can sustain motivation in themselves and team members.
Who Should Attend?
This course is specifically designed for people who are currently in managerial or supervisory positions and have received little or no previous training in leadership and performance management. It is also very useful for people who have aspirations of moving into management and supervision.
Key Course Highlights
- The challenges of leadership in today’s business environment
- Differentiating between leadership and management
- Establishing the key motivational tools and techniques
- Working with the challenges of raising levels of discretionary effort in team members
- Understanding the role of reward and recognition
- Establishing just how you can secure sustainable commitment from others
- Goal and objective setting - developing the key skills
- Working with disagreement - managing the naysayers
- Coaching in challenging situations
- Giving feedback - constructive criticism
- Succession planning - developing new talent