On this highly practical course you will learn the essential distinctions between management and leadership. Management and leadership - complementary however not equal. The statement will be explored and investigated. Both are essential however when one is used in the incorrect context the results can be devastating to teams and individuals. The course will identify the key skills and behaviours which support and enable the move from management to leadership.
Who Should Attend?
This course is specifically designed for people who are currently in managerial or supervisory positions and have received little or no previous training in leadership and management. It is also very useful for people who have aspirations of moving into management and supervision.
Key Course Highlights
- Differentiating between leadership and management
- Establishing the key motivational tools and techniques
- Just what is it that leaders and managers do well?
- When do I know when the situation requires me to use more leadership type skills tools and behaviours
- Establishing a framework of effective leadership skills
- Working with the functional model of leadership
- Identifying how the situation that confronts us determines what leadership approach we adopt
- How our team and its maturity influences our leadership approach
- How to be more effective as a leader