This highly practical course provides you with all the essential skills, tools and techniques that you’ll need to support you in maximising the full potential of your organisations performance management system. The course focuses on the key aspects of performance management and the roles and responsibilities of all stakeholders. Its provides a valuable and logical approach to understanding the performance management cycle and key activities required of line managers in ensuring each stage is competently undertaken.
Who Should Attend?
This course is specifically designed for participants who are new to the performance management process and who have received little if any training previously. It is also very useful for people who are new to the Human Resources administrative role.
Key Course Highlights
- What is performance management and how does it contribute to individual team and organisational performance improvement
- Working with each stage of the performance management cycle and understanding our roles and responsibilities as line managers and supervisors
- The skills of objective setting - what does a good objective look like and consist of?
- Making those connections to what is organisationally significant
- Managing individual and team performance - the key skills and measures - understanding the balanced business scorecard and its added value
- Maximising the full potential of your appraisal system - conducting effective appraisals - giving feedback- setting new objectives- managing difficult conversations
- Securing a commitment to personal development and continuous learning - looking at the various options to support individual learning and development