This highly practical introductory course provides you with all the essential skills, tools and techniques that you’ll need to support you in your project management role. The course concentrates on the practical techniques that you can apply directly to your own workplace.
Who Should Attend?
This course is specifically designed for people who are new to the project manager role or lack formal training in the discipline of project management. It will also benefit managers who are actively seeking to adopt a project approach to managing work or are setting up a project support office.
Key Course Highlights
- What is a project - defining - determining a structured approach and understanding the pitfalls of projects - what to watch out for
- Roles and responsibilities of the project manager
- Project definition and setting and agreeing objectives - simple risk management tools and techniques
- Planning a project - exploring the tools and techniques available - determining the documentation - scheduling techniques - change management and version controls
- Project implementation - controlled closure - measurements - learning lessons
- Closing down and moving forward