This highly practical course provides you with all the essential skills, tools and techniques that you’ll need to support you in recruiting and selecting the most talented and experienced individuals who will add significant value to your organisation. The course is ideal for managers with limited experience of recruitment and a desire to develop skills and confidence in selecting the right candidate.
Who Should Attend?
This course is specifically designed for participants who are new to the selection and recruitment process and who have received little if any training previously. It is also very useful for people who are new to the Human Resources administrative role.
Key Course Highlights
- Effective recruitment and selection models - cost of poor recruitment - selection methods and their validity - benefits of using a structured screening criteria process
- Screening and short listing - essential skills and attributes - considerations for screening applications and CVs - areas of the application or CVs to focus on
- Structuring and preparing for interviews - introducing the WASP structure and its benefits - creating the right first impressions - building rapport and empathy - selling your organisation and the role - preparing yourself - the environment and the candidate
- Conducting effective interviews - using questions - active listening - preparing for the interview -conducting the interview
- Making the selection decision - evaluating and rating evidence - using rating scales
- Learning application and next steps - review of learning and formulation of your action plan
- Securing a commitment to personal development and continuous learning - looking at the various options to support individual learning and development