Drawing on case studies from around the world, the course addresses some of the more complex risks associated within the oil and gas industry in a range of environments and examines the risks in Upstream-to-Downstream operations.
Delivered by trainers with extensive operational security management experience in the Oil and Gas sector, the course examines and develops risk management theory and applies this to the modules delivered. Utilising elements of the American Petroleum Institute’s Security Vulnerability Assessment methodology and additional sources, the course highlights the spectrum of risk elements that have the potential to impact upon security management operations, experienced by security practitioners in the sector.
Risk management theory is complemented by a security and corporate social responsibility exercise in order to develop and evaluate the modules taught.
- Security Risk Analysis in the Oil and Gas Sector
- Security Vulnerability Assessment
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Human Rights and Community Engagement
- Managing Activism Risks
- Managing Acts of Militancy and Terrorism against the Oil/Gas Sector
- Oilfield and Pipeline Security
- The Security of Refineries and other Production Facilities
- Maritime and Offshore Security
Who will benefit
This sector-specific programme is intended for security managers or consultants in the oil and gas industry, or those seeking work in this sector. Participants should have a baseline level of security management knowledge.