This five day BTEC Level 4 accredited course provides a comprehensive introduction to the essentials of corporate security management and is designed to provide full-time security management staff and those for whom security is one of a number of responsibilities, with the knowledge and confidence necessary to manage a successful loss prevention operation.
From identifying and understanding areas of risk, including sites, buildings and access control, through to designing and implementing loss prevention measures, this course covers the key elements of security management.
This course takes the form of lectures, workshops, discussions and exercises, during which delegates, syndicated into groups, will have the opportunity to solve typical security problems.
- Security Risk Management
- Risk Measurement
- Security Design and Implementation
- Introduction to Security Surveying
- Physical and Electronic Security
- Access Control
- Intruder Detection Systems
- CCTV and Lighting
- Manpower Selection
- Leadership and Deployment
- Procedures and Emergencies
- Information and IT Security
- Protection Against Explosive Devices
- Protection of At-Risk Personnel
- Introduction to Investigations
Who will benefit
The course will be of immediate benefit to security managers, security supervisors or multi-tasked managers and those seeking to make a career in security managemen