Previously, employee matters and Industrial relations issues were mainly concerned with trade unions, Management and Government. In recent years however with new actors and emerging dynamics in every sector of industry, it is increasingly observed that good cooperation and strong employee relations lead to greater employee engagement, stronger performance and higher employee retention.
With Globalisation and increased competition, where labour issues resulting in production loss through strikes and locks outs can wreck a business, it behoves every responsible employer and employee to foster a strong, trust based relationship with each other. This will create and nurture the right atmosphere necessary for innovation, resilience and enterprise competitiveness
At the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the impact of Government policies on ER and IR practice in organizations.
- Examine the new trends and approaches in the practise of Employee and Industrial Relations
- Understand the nature and triggers of conflict in organisations
- Apply the various methods of conflict resolution in organisations
- Align the interest of the staff with that of the organisation