Supply Chain and Logistics Management
By: Tom Associates Training
Lagos State, Nigeria
Jul 22 - 24 Jul, 2015
This course presents an integrated supply chain along with an overview of the process analysis, design and modelling skills for both the improvement of individual elements of the process and integration of the supply chain as a whole. Participants will understand identification and removal of redundant operations, bottlenecks and improvements to the flow rate.
By the end of this course, participants will
- Understand supply chain design, planning, operations
- Identify the key drivers of supply chain performance and how these drivers may be used to improve performance
- Know how to turn supply chain management into a competitive advantage for the organization
- Have an understanding of how to map, analyse and model a process so as to identify and remove redundant processes and bottlenecks.
- Know and understand how to explore the key managerial and operational tasks that should be co-ordinated and controlled to achieve an efficient and effective logistics system.
- Understanding Key Supply Chain Management Processes
- Fundamentals of Logistics and Supply Chain Philosophy
- Customer relationship management
- Customer service management
- Demand management
- Supplier relationship management
- Cost management
- Returns management
- Forecasting and Aggregate Planning in Supply Chain
- Identifying organisation materials needs and requirement
- Ensuring needs matching sourcing
- Strategic sourcing
- Pricing and Negotiation Management in SCM
- Market and Economic Analysis
- Procurement Pricing, Tendering and Contracting
- Strategic Inventory Management
- Effective Storekeeping and Stores Management
- Ordering Procedures and Stock Level Management
- Inventory Control System
- Issuing Processes and Stock Record Management
- Procurement outsourcing
- Service management
- Vendor-managed inventory
- Managing vendors under an outsourced distribution policy
- Performance Measurement in Supply Chain
- Issues that affect intensity of distribution
- Supply chain value analysis
- The importance of metrics (supply chain performance measures) including chain-wide metrics
- Understanding major challenges to effective supply chain management
- Organisation silos
- The Bullwhip effect
Venue: 5/7 Alade Lawal Street, Opposite Divisional Police Station, Off Ikorodu Road, Anthony, Lagos.
Registration: 8.30 - 9.00 a.m.
Class Session: 9.00 - 4.00 p.m.