Emotional intelligence, also called EQ, is the ability to be aware of and to manage emotions and relationships. It’s a pivotal factor in personal and professional success. IQ will get you in the door, but it is your EQ, your ability to connect with others and manage the emotions of yourself and others, that will determine how successful you are in life.
We have all worked with and listened to brilliant people. Some of them were great and… well, some were not so great. The mean and the meek and all those in between can teach us more than they realize. When we look at the truly extraordinary people who inspire and make a difference you will see that they do this by connecting with people at a personal and emotional level. What differentiated them was not their IQ but their EQ - their emotional intelligence. This course will help you develop your emotional intelligence.
- Understand what emotional intelligence means
- Recognize how our emotional health and physical health are related
- Learn techniques to understand, use, and appreciate the role of emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Understand the different emotions and how to manage them
- Create a personal vision statement
- Understand the difference between optimism and pessimism
- Validate emotions in others
- Course Overview
- History of Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Intelligence Defined
- Definitions and Thoughts
- Making Connections
- EI Blueprint
- What is Optimism?
- ABC’s of Optimism
- Pessimism vs. Optimism
- Validating Emotions in Others
- Understanding Emotions
- The Seven Human Emotions
- Positives and Negatives
- The Emotional Map
- Setting Your Personal Vision
- Defining Your Principles
- Understanding Your Values
- Considering Your Strengths and Talents
- What’s standing in Your Way?
- Think in Terms of Relationships
- Creating Your Vision Statement
- Personal Action Plan
- Recommended Reading List