Participant will understand the following after this Legal Human Resource training:
Contextualising Organisational Structure
- Defining Organisations;
- Social Organisations;
- Formal Organisations;
- Salient Elements of Organisational Analysis;
- Internal Accountability;
- Upward Accountability;
- Downward Accountability.
- The Organisation’s External Accountability:
- Accountability To Owners/Sponsors;
- Accountability To Clients/Users/Customers;
- Accountability To Creditors;
- Accountability To Sector Or Industry;
- Accountability to the State.
- Traditional Authority;
- Charismatic Authority;
- Legitimate Authority;
- Professional Authority.
- Organisational Power Sources:
- Control over resources;
- Control over information, access to and control over the information flow;
- Control over uncertainty;
- Unobtrusive Power.
- Bases of Delegation;
- Delegation and Professional Authority;
- Delegation and Superior-Subordinate Relationship.
Time Management: A Role Effectiveness Imperative
- Time Management Defined;
- Time in an Organisational Wide Context: Acting in Time;
- The Cost of Time;
- Time Management Tools;
- Maximising Personal Effectiveness;
- Busy vs. Productive;
- Time Wasters/Time Robbers/Time Stealers/Time Bandits;
- Managing Time Wasters/Time Robbers/Time Stealers/Time Bandits;
- Combating Procrastination;
- Diffusing the Impact of Others;
- Handling Interruptions Constructively;
- Asserting Yourself Politely and Calmly.
- Meeting Scheduling;
- Meeting Notification;
- Meeting Agenda;
- Soliciting Items for Agenda;
- Minute Taking;
- Records of Meetings;
- Supporting Meeting organisation and Conduct.
Establishing Employer-Employee Relationship (1)
- Employer-Employee Relations;
- The Employment Rights Act 1996;
- Tenure of Employment;
- Zero Hours Contract;
- The Employment Contract:
- The Employee’s Contract;
- The Worker’s Contract;
- The Contractor’s Contract.
- National Minimum Wage Act (NMWA) 1998;
- The Part-Time Workers (Prevention of Less Favourable Treatment) Regulations 2000;
- The Fixed-term Employees (Prevention of Less Favorable Treatment) Regulations 2002;
- Statutory Instruments 2014 No. 853 - Terms And Conditions Of Employment - The Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Act 2013 (Consequential Amendments) (Employment) (No. 2) Order 2014;
- The Agency Workers Regulations 2010;
- The Employment Relations Act 1999 (Blacklists) Regulations 2010;
- The Equality Act 2010 (Disability) Regulations 2010;
- The Flexible Working (Eligibility, Complaints and Remedies) Regulations 2002.
Establishing Employer-Employee Relationship (2)
- Statutory Instruments 2014 No. 1398 - Terms and Conditions Of Employment - The Flexible Working Regulations 2014;
- Expressed Terms of Employment Contract;
- Generally Implied Terms of Employment Contract;
- Implied Terms of Employment Contract through Common Law;
- Implied Terms of Employment Contract through Statute;
- Formulating the Employment Contract;
- Variation of terms of Employment Contract;
- National Minimum Wage;
- Working Hours and Holidays;
- Breaches of Employment Contract: The Tribunals and Courts;
- The Role of the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS);
- Working Time Regulations 1998 (incorporating Bank Holidays);
- The Employment Act 2002;
- The Employment Act 2002 - Statutory Instrument 2004;
- The Employment Relations Act 2004.
Family Related Leave Provisions
- Ordinary Maternity Leave (OML) (ERA 1996, s 71 as amended);
- Paid Time Off For Antenatal Care;
- Maternity Leave And The Right To Return To Work;
- Adoption Leave;
- Paternity Leave;
- Additional Paternity Leave;
- Parental Leave;
- Statutory Maternity Pay;
- Statutory Adoption Pay
- Statutory Paternity Pay;
- Maternity Allowance.
Dismissal, Transfer and Redundancy In Employment
- Legal Dismissal Process;
- Wrongful Dismissal;
- Unfair Dismissal;
- Constructive Dismissal;
- Claim for Wrongful Dismissal;
- Complaint of Unfair Dismissal;
- Definition of Redundancy;
- Calculation of Redundancy Payments;
- Legal Jurisdiction For Wrongful Dismissal Claim and Unfair Dismissal Complaint;
- Transfer of Workers: Protected Rights;
- Statutory Instruments - 2014 No. 16 - Terms and Conditions Of Employment - The Collective Redundancies and Transfer Of Undertakings (Protection Of Employment) (Amendment) Regulations 2014.
||Mar 19 - 24 Mar, 2018
|GBP 6,000.00||(The course cost does not include living accommodation. However, delegates are treated with the following: Continuous snacks throughout the Event Days; Hot Lunch on Event Days; City Tour; Hand-outs; Stationery.)|
+44 7736147507; +44 1902 763607; +44 2071935906
We offer very attractive discount for groups of 3 and more people, from the same organisation, taking the same course. Courses are delivered in over 30 Cities including Miami, London, Dubai, Kuala Lumpur, Paris, Milan.