Workplace conflicts are very common and when they go unaddressed, they can have a negative impact on productivity and teamwork such as a tendency for morale to be lowered and decreased productivity. Those in management and leadership position must be skilled in conflict resolution techniques. However, learning to constructively resolve conflict can turn a potentially destructive situation into an opportunity for creativity and enhanced performance.
Constructive resolution of conflicts, however, requires specific leadership skills, problem solving abilities and decision making skills.
Workplace mediation is an excellent substitute for traditional methods of work place grievance resolution which is usually cumbersome, adversarial, time and resource-consuming. Mediation helps to ensure a positive environment for maximizing employee productivity, innovation, collaboration and teamwork.
This is especially rewarding for businesses due to the many advantages of Mediation over litigation which includes:
- Suitability for multi-party disputes
- Flexibility of procedure - the process is determined and controlled by the parties to the dispute
- Lower costs and Less complexity – which is better
- Higher success rate and speed of settlements
- More practical solutions tailored to parties’ interests and needs (not rights and wants, as they may perceive them)
- The preservation of relationships and the reputations of parties
The training will be highly participative, providing participants with guidance on how they can build and develop key skills required to excel in their roles within the process, participants will also develop confidence to apply learning in their various organizational contexts.