Being very good at what you do in the work place alone is not sufficient for real success. The road map to organisational and personal success entails time tested, proven principles and habits which an individual must deploy to negotiate the challenging terrain of human relations. Organisations need resourceful persons who can do their jobs well - these talents keep the wheel of industry running smoothly. But beyond this, there is the need for a niche of persons who can solve the challenges of the organisation. These are unique individuals who not only do their work well, but have in addition, skills for effective interpersonal relationships.
Only leaders who possess excellent interpersonal skills can command the kind of followership and motivation that can stir successful enterprise, else the leader is just taking a stroll for the rest of his tenure, and the organisation remains stagnant or declines. The same holds true not only for overall heads, but also for unit heads and every other stake holder who aspires to rise.
These two day course is packaged with deep insights into the inner working of the human mind, the dynamics of organisational culture and secrets of effective habits that commands respect.
Participants on this course will:
- Understand the rules of life and of work
- Differentiate between positive and negative interpersonal skills in the work place setting
- Understand the importance of feedbacks
- Know the difference between constructive and destructive feedbacks
- Understand the rules of work and relationship
- Understand various leadership types and practice effective leadership techniques