This health and safety management course is designed for:
- Safe and Health Manager;
- Supervisors, workers, safety directors and others responsible for safety on individual job sites;
- Staff in supervisory positions who have to be responsible for maintaining the workplace safety and health policies and procedures;
- Individuals directly responsible for a company’s accident analysis process;
- Safety committee representatives
By the conclusion of the specified learning and development activities, participants will be able to demonstrate a heightened understanding of the following concepts and issues:
Part 1: Introduction to Industrial Safety and Health Management
- The Safety and Health Manager;
- A Reasonable Objective;
- Safety Vs. Health;
- Workers’ Compensation;
- Occupational Injuries Vs. Occupational Illness;
- Concepts of Hazard Avoidance;
- Different Approaches of Eliminating or Avoiding Hazards:
- Enforcement Approach;
- Psychological Approach;
- Engineering Approach:
- Application of the Three Lines of Defense Concept;
- Safety Factors.
- Analytical Approach.
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA);
- Fault Tree Analysis;
- Cost Benefit Analysis;
- Hazard Classification Scale.
Part 2: Prioritizing Workers’ Health and Safety Interest while in the Workplace
- Facets of Ergonomics;
- Ergonomics and the HSE;
- Designing Safety Features into Workplace Machines;
- Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSD);
- Ergonomic Risk Analysis;
- Sources of Ergonomic Hazards:
- The work itself;
- The workstation;
- The work piece or tools;
- The environment.
- Health and Toxic Substances:
- Toxic Substances;
- Systemic Poisons;
- Personal Protective and First Aid;
- Personal Protective and Equipment:
- Hearing Protection;
- Eye and Face Protection;
- Protection Need Assessment;
- Personal Protective Equipment Training;
- Respiratory Protection:
- Respirator Plan;
- Fit Test.
- Head Protection;
- Miscellaneous Personal Protective Equipment.
- First Aid.
Part 3: Health and Safety Management in Flammable Environments
- Fire Protection;
- Mechanics of Fire;
- Fire Prevention;
- Emergency Evacuation;
- Alarm Systems;
- Fire Detection Systems;
- Fire Brigades;
- Fire Extinguishers;
- Standpipe Hose Systems;
- Automatic Sprinkler Systems;
- Fixed Extinguishing Systems;
- Dry Chemical Systems.
- Dangerous Substances:
- Extremely Flammable;
- Highly Flammable;Reactive Chemicals;
- Other Fire and Explosion Hazards.
- Safe working with Flammable Substances;
- Safety Principles; VICES
Part 4: Safety Precautions and Safeguarding
- Machine Guarding;
- Mechanical Hazards;
- Guarding by Location or Distance;
- Tag-outs and Locks;
- Zero Mechanical State;
- Trip Bars;
- Fan Blade Guards;
- Anchoring Machines;
- Safeguarding the Point of Operation:
- Die Enclosures;
- Fixed Barriers;
- Interlocked Barriers;
- Adjustable Barriers;
- Awareness Barriers.
- Presence Sensing Devices;
- Two Hand Controls;
- Two Hand Trips.
- Heat Processes;
- Grinding Machine;
- Miscellaneous Machine Guarding;
- Industrial Robots.
Part 5: Emergency Risk Incident Management
- Risk Management Model:
- Risk Identification;
- Risk Evaluation;
- Prioritizing Risk;
- Risk Control Measures;
- Risk Avoidance;
- Implementation of Control Measures;
- Risk Transfer.
- Risk Monitoring;
- Evaluation of Effectiveness of Risk control Measures.
|Central London, UK
||Aug 21 - 25 Aug, 2017
|GBP 5,000.00 + 250.00 (VAT)||(The course cost does not include living accommodation. However, delegates are treated with the following: Continuous snacks throughout the Event Days; Hot Lunch on Event Days; City Tour; Hand-outs; Stationery.)|
+44 7736147507; +44 1902 763607; +44 2071935906
We offer very attractive discount for groups of 3 and more people, from the same organisation, taking the same course. Courses are delivered in over 30 Cities including Miami, London, Dubai, Kuala Lumpur, Paris, Milan.
Course coordinator: Prof. Dr. R. B. Crawford – Director HRODC Postgraduate Training Institute, PhD (University of London), MEd. M. (University of Bath), Adv. Dip. Ed. (University of Bristol), PGCIS (Thames Valley University), ITC (UWI), Member of the Standing Council of Organizational Symbolism (MSCOS),Member of the Asian Academy of Management (MAAM), Member of the International Society of Gesture Studies (MISGS), Member of the Academy of Management (MAOM), LESAN, Professor, HRODC Postgraduate Training Institute, Visiting Professor, Polytechnic University of the Philippines (PUP)