By the conclusion of the specified learning and development activities of Intellectual Property Law Course, the participant will be able to demonstrate a heightened understanding of the following concepts and issues:
Part 1: Copyright and Related Rights
- Background and Basic Principles;
- Subsistence of Copyright;
- Authorship and Ownership of Copyright;
- Authors’ Rights;
- Rights, Infringement and remedies;
- Defences to Copyright Infringement and the Permitted Acts;
- Copyright, Computer Software and Information Technology;
- Rights in Performances.
Part 2: Breach of Confidence and Patent Law
- The Law of Breach of Confidence;
- Patent Law:
- Requirements for Patentability;
- Dealing with Patents;
- Safety and Security;
- Crown use;
Part 3: Design Law, Business Goodwill and Reputation
- Community Design and the UK Registered Design;
- The UK Unregistered Design Right;
- Trade Marks;
- The UK Trade Mark;
- Community Trade Mark and The Madrid System;
- Passing Off and Malicious Falsehood.
Part 4: Other Issues
- Remedies for Infringement of Intellectual Property Rights;
- European and International Perspectives on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR);
- Freedom of Movement of Goods and Services and EU Competition Law;
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) and Conflict of Laws.
||Sep 04 - 08 Sep, 2017
|GBP 5,000.00 + 250.00 (VAT)||(The course cost does not include living accommodation. However, delegates are treated with the following: Continuous snacks throughout the Event Days; Hot Lunch on Event Days; City Tour; Hand-outs; Stationery.)|
+44 7736147507; +44 1902 763607; +44 2071935906
We offer very attractive discount for groups of 3 and more people, from the same organisation, taking the same course. Courses are delivered in over 30 Cities including Miami, London, Dubai, Kuala Lumpur, Paris, Milan.