This course is designed to give you an introduction to business finance so you can contribute to your business's success. It will also give you an understanding of the language used by accountants and how financial statements fit together. It will explain, in a practical way, the financial statements of an organization and how to read and understand them plus basic accounting concepts such as depreciation, cost behavior, cash flow, working capital and budgeting.
- Basic financial terminology and key accounting concepts
- The flow of money in a business and how it is accounted for
- The key financial statements (profit and loss account, balance sheet and cash flow)
- The composition and contents of a set of financial statements (using real life examples)
- Understanding finance
- Introduction to Company accounts
- Advanced Finance for non-finance managers
- Essential Finance for non-finance managers
- Introduction to Accounting
- Introduction to the City and financial markets
What you can gain
- An understanding of business finance and the language used by accountants and those in finance
- An understanding of basic accounting concepts and the flow of money in an organization
- Finance for non-finance managers - advanced will extend your understanding further.
Who will benefit
- Non-finance professionals at all levels who need to develop an understanding of business finance.
- All staff within a business, company, partnership or charitable organization should have an understanding of finance in order to contribute to their organization’s success.
Duration: 1 day