By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basics of career development and succession planning.
- Distinguish succession planning and management from replacement planning, talent management, and human capital management.
- Compare traditional and career planning oriented HR focus.
- Explain employee and employer career development roles.
- Examine innovative corporate career development initiatives.
Who should attend?
Those involved in designing, setting up or controlling career development systems; also, line managers who are involved in, or accountable for, the career development of their staff.
- Putting People First
- What Does It Mean to Put People First?
- What People Want from T h e i r Organizations?
- Present Top HR Priorities
- HR Activities: Traditional Focus versus Career Development Focus
- The Basics of Career Management and Succession Planning and Management
- Careers Today: The Importance of Development
- What Is Career Development?
- Essential Elements in an Integrated Career Development System
- What Is Succession Planning? Is It any Different from Replacement Planning?