Investing in African Mining Indaba is the world's largest mining investment conference and Africa's largest mining event.
Facts and Figures of Mining Indaba
- 20+ Years of establishment
- 7,000 + of the most internationally-diversified and influential professionals in African mining (2013 record breaking year)
- An average 100 countries and territories across six continents represented annually
- 45 African and Non-African Government delegations in participation
- 2,300 international companies represented in the delegation
- 400 sponsoring companies representing an impressive sampling of the world's largest mining companies by market cap
- Billions of Us Dollars of foreign investment have been channeled into the African mining value chain throughout the last 19 years of the annual Mining Indaba.
- The successful collaboration amongst the organizers, the South African and many other African governments, and Mining Indaba's partners have led to this success
- R610 Million in revenue has flowed directly to the local Cape economy throughout as a result of Mining Indaba (tracking from 2007-2015).
- This revenue includes hotels, tourism, shopping, golf and more
- 5,000 direct and indirect jobs have been created as a result of the Mining Indaba (tracking from 2007 through 2015)
- 20,000 hotel room nights sold across 40 accommodations sites in the immediate cape area
- 100% commitment by the organizers of Mining Indaba to partner with suppliers in South Africa who are currently or in the process of Being certified