To be successful, HR professionals must be experts at defining client needs, managing expectations, delivering results and setting appropriate expectations to create value. To build these skills, they need proven strategies for gaining the trust of those they serve; developing focused recommendations; and ensuring that client needs are fully satisfied. Essential skills of the HR Professional to function as an effective Business Partner are consulting skills.
As an internal consultant, HR professionals act as a proactive advisor providing critical input into the strategic initiatives of the organization and become increasingly involved in the implementation of strategies. As HR professionals take on these additional value adding responsibilities, their role changes and we are able to have a greater impact on the organization
At the end of the programme, participants will be expected to have acquired the skills/knowledge to:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of an HR Consultant
- Understand the different styles and forms of consulting, and outline important steps in consulting
- Diagnose organizational problems and their effect on performance
- Give feedback about personal and organizational data to facilitate decision making
- Learn and practice relevant tools and techniques to aid effectiveness in teams and clients
- Increase their potential to have a strong and positive impact on the bottom line.
- Build competence to establish the foundation of commitment and responsibility with the business