As fraud and corruption evolve so must the means of prevention. This is why we have introduced this new comprehensive ten-day programme, combining workshops and seminars to present an all-encompassing approach to tackling fraudulent and corrupt practices. It consists of the following modules:
- Ethics, Integrity and Fraud Prevention: A Toolkit (5 days)
- Combating Cybercrime: A Master class (2 days)
- Investigating Fraud and Corruption (3 days)
The seemingly endless and constantly evolving forms of fraud and corruption make them very difficult to eradicate; the dishonest will always find new, increasingly opaque ways to ‘cheat the system’. Organizations therefore need to be ever more vigilant in their anti-corruption and fraud strategies.
This multi-faceted programme, which has been completely revised for 2015, will equip participants with the ability to minimize the risks their organizations face. It opens with a five-day workshop exploring how to defend your organization from corruption and fraud taking root.
Preventative measures are not just the best approach to defeating graft and deception, but they also help develop your organization’s reputation for operating ethically and responsibly.
Increasingly cybercrime has emerged as the favored platform to carry out corrupt and / or fraudulent activities, and so this programme includes a two-day master class specifically focused on combating cybercrime. Cyber criminals are constantly evolving their methods; you cannot afford to ignore their threat to your organization.
The programme closes with a three-day session on how to investigate and, if necessary, prosecute the dishonest, equipping vigilance officers will the skills to recognize corruption and fraud which are becoming increasingly difficult to identify
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- The various forms of corruption and fraud and how you can prevent them
- How corruption has evolved in recent years
- What is cybercrime and how to fight it
- How to operate transparently and ethically
- Assess and manage risk within your organization or department
- The latest strategies to defend against corruption and fraud
- Instigate an anti-corruption strategy that defends your organization against the latest threats
- Ensure your organization is taking reasonable precautions against fraudulent, dishonest and unethical behavior
- Develop techniques to protect your electronic assets, deter cybercriminals and prevent internet fraud
- Oversee anti-corruption investigations
- Detect, prevent and prosecute against fraud
Lectures, practical exercises, group and individual projects, case studies and study visits. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce the teaching and learning methods on training matters.
Chief Executive, Executives, Heads of Parastatals, DGs of Research Centres, Permanent Secretaries, Directors, Deputy, Directors and Assistant Directors
Mode of Assessment for Certification:
100 percent attendance / active participation