Research has shown that lack of team building and strategic thinking are among the most significant weaknesses in modern management. This course provides high caliber managers with the opportunity to build upon their business knowledge, enabling them to think and act strategically - extending their personal and business vision past the immediate horizon.
Who should attend?
This challenging and informative course is designed for senior managers, department heads and directors who have the authority and personal inspiration to contribute to the development of strategy at departmental, business unit or organizational level.
- Challenges of leadership
- Designing the organization
- Instilling a culture of ethics and excellence
- Understanding and selecting leadership styles
- Organizational purpose
- Defining vision, mission, objectives and values
- Managing key stakeholders
- Developing your own natural authority through greater self-awareness
- Emotional Intelligence
- Understanding and dealing with various personality types
- Advanced techniques for strategy development
- Understanding and utilizing the Balanced Scorecard
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses
- Creating and implementing resource appraisal
- Assessing value adding activities
- Identifying opportunities and threats
- Analyzing the business environment
- Conducting a competitor analysis
- Evaluating and selecting alternatives
- Preparing strategy for implementation