When putting together any corporate finance deal, the potential creation of value is a key consideration. Corporate finance techniques and structures offer many companies the opportunity for value creation, but problems occur when they are either not fully understood or the wrong strategy is implemented. The development of a sound theoretical and practical understanding of corporate finance is a key feature of the course, with value being key themes throughout.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate hands-on-deck approach in packaging corporate finance deals;
- Apply effective tools in finance functions;
- Discuss confidently with clients on corporate finance deals.
- Core principles and major applications of corporate finance
- Valuation methodologies and techniques, their uses and abuses
- Cash flow approach vs. accounting approach
- Cost of capital and capital structuring
- How to analyse financial statements using the tools of corporate finance
- Restructuring and divestment as an important part of the corporate finance toolkit, especially when to divest and the alternative ways of divesting a business
- Leveraged finance and management buy-outs
- What are the essential features of leveraged buyouts and how are they structured?
- Financing alternatives and typical financing structures
- What is different about the strategic buyer and the private equity perspective?
- Entrepreneurial finance