The emergence of a global marketplace, the global customer, the worldwide web and instant communications have a dramatic impact on international business. Global supply chains are now commonplace. More and more companies are concentrating on their core competencies and, as a consequence, are outsourcing all, or part, of their supply chains. This course looks at these issues and at the best practices that have ensured success.
Who should attend?
This thought provoking and practical course is designed for directors and managers who operate in an international environment, and are looking to enhance their organization’s global supply chain performance by following best practice in outsourcing and procurement.
Globalization and Global Supply Chains
- The impact on business, supply chains and international trade
- Risk and uncertainty
- Inventory management in the global supply chain
- Transport and multi-modal networks
Managing cultural diversity and the Global Customer
- Building the international company
- Understanding the impact of culture on business
Procurement Vs Purchasing
- The evolvement to procurement
- The benefits of procurement
The roles and responsibilities of procurement
- Supply side risks
- Specification of requirements
- Procuring value, negotiation and contracts
Outsourcing the Supply Chain
- Preparing the ground
- Why outsource?
- Best practice in tendering
- Managing the bid process
- Managing the outsourced operation
- Successful negotiation Skills