Sustaining organizational performance during an era of radical change hinges upon an organization’s ability to harness its human power. For this reason, senior management may pressurize Human Resource departments to demonstrate how they can add value to the organization. HR departments are required to be more pro-active and focus on delivering strategic, rather than operational, HR policies and practices.
This programme will focus on how the HR function within organizations can make decisions and accomplish strategic choices in order to deliver effective organizational change.
Who should attend?
This specialized programme is designed for HR professionals who assume this responsibility, and are directly involved in leading strategic change and managing the process through the HR department.
Aligning HR strategy with organizational strategy and identifying and analyzing organizational challenges
- Involving HR in strategic planning and decision making
- Maximizing organizational structures and relationships to enhance business success
Effectively communicating the strategic choice
- Creating and distributing new HR policies and procedures to support business goals
- Developing and communicating the vision for change
- Communicating change upwards, downwards and across the organization
Dealing with resistance to change
- Promoting HR as an effective strategic change agent
- Negotiating, bargaining and conflict resolution across the organization
- Supporting and advising managers, and employees, throughout the change process
Recruitment and selection for change
- Implementing effective human resource planning to meet future challenges of change
- Optimizing and promoting flexible working arrangements
- Recruiting and retaining sufficient and suitable staff to deliver change goals
Training and development to support strategic change
- Assessing the skills and competencies available to implement necessary change
- Designing training plans that support the business change strategy
- Developing talent management policies to produce change leaders
- Assessing organizational readiness for change
- Implementing performance measurement tools
- Creating performance management strategies
- Identifying and dealing with poor performance at all levels