This course is designed to introduce delegates to accounting tools and techniques being used in modern business environments. It focusses on the growing role of the management accountant in making input into strategic decision to gain and maintain competitive advantage. It also explores how changes in environmental awareness are impacting on decision making and how this can be incorporated into accounting information. Different approaches to budgeting and control are explored as are approaches to performance management. Use of contemporary cases is a key feature of this course.
Who should attend?
This course is relevant to both senior financial and non-financial managers. For those financial managers with more than 10 years post qualification experience, this course will provide them with a valuable update on the use and application of contemporary accounting techniques. For non-financial managers this course introduces them to the potential of management accountancy to help drive business performance. It is particularly useful for those managers wishing to understand contemporary approaches to performance measurement.
Strategic Management Accounting
- Key concepts in strategic management accounting
- Using strategic management accounting to gain competitive advantage
- Case studies in strategic management accounting
Environmental Management Accounting
- Environment Management Accounting and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Tools used in Environmental Management Accounting
- Case studies in Environmental Management Accounting
- The restrictions of traditional budgeting
- Beyond budgeting and its impact on management approach
- Case studies in beyond budgeting
Customer Profitability Analysis
- The concept of customer profitability analysis and its use in business
- Tools and techniques in customer profitability analysis
- Case studies in customer profitability analysis
Advanced Performance Management
- The importance of effective performance management
- Tools used in advanced performance management
- Case studies in advanced performance management