Training and development is a critical strategic function which forms a major component of organizational growth and success.
This programme will enable the specialist of training and development operations to create, manage and evaluate a cost-effective, value adding training function which meets the needs of the organization.
This programme will emphasize the value of undertaking a full training needs analysis in order to be able to tailor training and development activities to your organization’s objectives. It will also provide delegates with an understanding of the process underpinning the creation of training courses and the development of training specialists.
Who should attend?
This practical and interactive programme is relevant for those with overall responsibility for formal and informal training and development activities within the organization, delivering solutions to meet organizational needs.
Training needs identification
- What are the objectives of the Training Needs Analysis?
- Recognizing training needs in a business-driven context
- Linking training to your corporate vision and strategy
- Identifying training needs through analyzing business performance shortfall
- Cost and benefits of training
- Collecting and analyzing training needs information
- Gathering information about knowledge and skills requirements for specific job competencies
- Sources of information
- Using and adapting survey instruments, questionnaires, interviews, observation
Formulating a training plan
- Determining priorities
- Producing the initial action plan
- Managing training budgets and resources
- Linking the organization’s succession plan and training programme
- Identifying sources of training expertise within the organization
Developing training programmes
- Developing challenging and memorable training
- Preparing training objectives
- Identifying and engaging with external training providers
- Developing course material
Preparing and developing training specialists and coordinators
- Preparing effective training briefs
- Characteristics of successful trainers
- Advantages and disadvantages of different training styles
- Training methods, activities and exercises
- Giving effective feedback