This programme has been designed to provide delegates with the strategies and techniques to identify financial risks and to mitigate them. This course will enhance delegates’ awareness of the subject, while providing them with the tools and skills to implement risk management procedures.
Participants will also develop an understanding of the main types of financial risks, while receiving practical approaches to manage and mitigate them.
Who should attend?
This stimulating and thought provoking programme is designed for finance managers, directors, senior executives and decision makers, who have a responsibility to understand the effect of financial risk on their organisation, how they can plan to mitigate those risks, and manage the necessary change.
This course will provide delegates with the necessary practical tools and techniques to develop and enhance their approach to financial risk management.
The importance of financial risk management
- Identifying key areas of financial risk
- The risk management process
- Classifying, evaluating and mitigating financial risk
- Assurance vs. Insurance
Evaluating Business Risk
- Types of business risk
- Fraud, financial malpractice and strategies of avoiding them
- Understanding economic and geographical risk
- Project management risk
Understanding and managing credit risks
- Types of credit risk
- The risk of default and its impact
- Supplier and customer risk
- Strategies for credit risk mitigation
Evaluating Market Risk
- Types of market risk
- The impact and effects of Interest rate changes
- The uncertainty of Foreign exchange markets
- Commodity risk
- Strategies and approaches for mitigating Market risk
Assessing Liquidity Risk
- Analysing liquidity risk
- Market liquidity and the effect on asset value
- Funding liquidity
- Liquidity risk mitigation strategies