This course will look at the principles and practice of public relations communications and will provide delegates with a wide range of skills and approaches to dramatically improve their knowledge and effectiveness in the workplace.
The course will have a strong focus on the challenges faced by marketing and PR professionals in the rapidly-changing landscape of the digital age. It will focus on arming delegates with practical solutions to the challenges of communicating through social media, which can be an easily affordable and effective way to advertise and communicate with mass audiences.
Who should attend?
This intensive and practical course is prepared for public relations professionals and managers who need to have an overview of modern practice, to broaden their knowledge and add to their existing skills. This will also be of benefit to marketing managers and marketing professionals who are required to understand social media and the challenges of current-day public relations.
Real world Public Relations Skills
- Integration of PR, Marketing & Advertising - what this means for you and your company
- Responding to negative feedback and issue management
- Effective market research
- Public affairs and outreach - political lobbying, building relationships with Activist groups, unions and charities.
- Image is everything - Combatting shortened attention spans through pictures, video and other creative PR
Dealing with ‘Information Overload’
- Social Media’s impact on communications - monitoring digital influencers and real-time mentions that concern your brand.
- Future trends - what ‘big data’ will mean for your company
- Strategies for dealing with information overload
- Finding out who matters and what they’re saying
- Creating selection criteria
- Cultural change
- Impacts on decision making
Social Media for Public Relations
- Creating social media objectives
- Advantages and hazards of using social media campaigns, challenges and opportunities
- Building a coordinated online campaign
- Reshaping your web presence - intelligent online brand management
- Finding and understanding your audience
Dynamic Media Skills
- What is a press release, and why is it important?
- How to get agencies and journalists interested in your news
- Writing with style, the right length and choosing your words
- Preparing an interview brief, writing speeches and writing for publication
- How to train and support your CEO or Director to undertake media interviews
Evaluating the effectiveness of your PR campaigns
- Monitoring and analysing the performance of your campaign
- Qualitative and Quantitive measurement
- Measuring business and organisational outcomes - aligning your evaluation to organisational strategy
- Presenting your results - Preparing and presenting