This programme examines the key challenges related to project procurement and will allow delegates to develop effective strategies to deal with these issues.
Delegates attending this course will develop techniques and approaches to enable them to balance initial costs with life time costs, deal with and meet deadlines and obtain value for money.
Who should attend?
This practical and engaging programme is designed for directors and managers with project management responsibility, and those dealing with project procurement. The course is designed to ensure that all personnel are aware of the challenges and opportunities that exist in project procurement. The course will also be of great value to managers who will interact with procurement professionals.
- Understanding the issues associated with project purchasing
- Effective communication Skills
- Dealing with colleagues
- Conditioning suppliers for success
- Project management
- Understanding the planning process
- Teamwork in project management
- Critical Path Analysis
- Life cycle costs
- Capital and Operational (CapEX and OpEx) issues
- Dealing with shift-related people issues
- Contingency planning
- Taking corrective actions
- Expediting to manage deadlines
- Procurement in urgent situations
- Analyzing project risk
- Sourcing processes
- Best practice in tendering
- Partnering to improve effectiveness
- When to outsource
- Effective negotiation skills
- Legal issues
- Preparing and understanding contracts
- Penalties and incentives
- Establishing key clauses
- Action planning for project procurement