This course will equip delegates with the key skills and tools required to develop and implement a strategic approach to public relations, both internally and externally. Delegates will look at practical ways in which a PR strategy can be created and will see how public relations should become an integral part of corporate strategy, in order to effectively manage an organization’s reputation.
The course will have a strong focus on the challenges faced by marketing and PR professionals in the rapidly-changing landscape of the digital age.
This course will also explore communicating strategy and making decisions in uncertainty while ensuring that delegates can evaluate and measure the effectiveness of campaigns.
Who should attend?
This highly practical and interactive course is designed for senior managers of public relations departments seeking to gain an understanding of how to think more strategically and aiming to create high impact public relations strategies and marketing managers, marketing professionals and all those involved in the decision making process of organizational marketing communications and media.
- Preparing a dynamic PR strategy
- Establishing your key message - Identifying aims and objectives
- Balancing internal and external public relations
- Budgeting for your campaign and delivering value for money
- How to get your board of directors and senior management involved
- Social Media and Online Public Relations
- Creating social media objectives
- Advantages and disadvantages of using social media campaigns, challenges and opportunities
- Building a coordinated online campaign
- Future trends in social media
- Making Decisions In Uncertainty
- Is it possible to plan for a crisis?
- Evaluating risk, now and for the future
- Balancing risk with creativity
- The skill of making decisions under duress
- The immediate impact of social media
- Reputation management - Making positive press from bad news
- Internal Communications
- The importance of effective internal communications for a PR campaign
- Types of Internal Communication
- Communication of change
- Evaluating the effectiveness of a PR campaign
- Monitoring and analyzing the performance of your campaign
- Target group awareness and changes in public opinion
- The future of PR evaluation - big data and the internet of things
- Presenting your results - Preparing and presenting