Research has shown that lack of team building and strategic thinking are among the most significant weaknesses in modern management. This training course provides high calibre managers with the opportunity to build upon their business knowledge, enabling them to think and act strategically - extending their personal and business vision past the immediate horizon.
Who should attend?
This challenging and informative training course is designed for senior managers, department heads and directors who have the authority and personal inspiration to contribute to the development of strategy at departmental, business unit or organisational level.
Challenges of leadership
- Designing the organisation
- Instilling a culture of ethics and excellence
- Understanding and selecting leadership styles
- Defining vision, mission, objectives and values
- Managing key stakeholders
Developing your own natural authority through greater self-awareness
- Emotional Intelligence
- Understanding and dealing with various personality types
Advanced techniques for strategy development
- Understanding and utilising the Balanced Scorecard
Identifying strengths and weaknesses
- Creating and implementing resource appraisal
- Assessing value adding activities
Identifying opportunities and threats
- Analysing the business environment
- Conducting a competitor analysis
- Evaluating and selecting alternatives
- Preparing strategy for implementation