The customer is always right - right? Sometimes there are occasions when the customer is not entirely right, or when their behaviour in making a complaint is such that they need to be appropriately managed so that the real issue is dealt with. How often have you, as a customer been on the receiving end of an inappropriate response from someone who has read you or the situation incorrectly? This course introduces a model to enable you to identify appropriate tactics for managing issues with customers and avoiding potential conflict.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Deal with conflict and complaints with sensitivity and maturity;
- Demonstrate confidence and control when dealing with complaints;
- Turn customer complaints into opportunities for repeat and referral business.
- Common scenarios for customer conflict and complaints
- Eliminating the causes of conflict and defensive behaviour
- Dealing with difficult behaviours
- The right intention: bringing out the best in people
- The steps for dealing with complaints
- Useful words and phrases
- Turning complaints into opportunities
Case studies and workplace examples