Being tasked with introducing competencies into your organization can seem at times like a mission impossible! This highly informative and interactive course will give you the tools, models, knowledge and understanding to be able to effectively design, build and implement a competency framework in your organization. Based on “best-in-class” experiences you will be able to implement a competency framework that contributes to your organization’s strategy and long term success.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
Apply the competency framework and the generic competency dictionary;
Assess the required competencies when interviewing new recruits,
Identify training needs of existing employees.
Why A Competency Framework?
- Establishing the business need
- Starting with a strategy
- The benefits of a competency framework to the business
- How we use competencies
- What are your performance standards?
- Where do we begin?
Designing a Competency Framework
- Data collection - what do we need to know?
- Data collection methods
- Analysis of information collected
- Considering different competency designs
- Technical competencies
- Behavioural competencies
- Leadership competencies
Preparing To Implement
- The benefits of planning
- Different methodologies
- Tools and techniques
- Linking to jobs, positions and grades
- The communication project plan
- Gaining commitment – selling the idea to the organization
- Training and development
- Performance appraisal
- Succession planning
- Reviewing a framework through change