The 2010 UK Bribery Act signals a complete reform of corruption law to provide a modern and comprehensive scheme of bribery offences that will enable courts and prosecutors to respond more effectively to bribery at home or abroad. â©For companies, the most important point to note is that there is a new strict liability corporate offence of failing to prevent bribery, which does not require any corrupt intent. This offence will make it easier for the Serious Fraud Office (SFO) to prosecute companies when bribery has occurred.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify areas where they appear vulnerable to contravention of this Act as an individual and as a corporate body;
- Identify methods to avoid being caught in the web of this Act;
- To protect their organizations from the penalties of this Act.
- The main features of the UK Bribery Act
- What companies need to know and Compliance Requirements
- The global anti-corruption programs and the UK Bribery Act
- The risk of overseas corruption, facilitation payment, corporate hospitality etc