The course will be run using a series of Presentations, Discussions, examining a number of Case Studies, sharing experience and knowledge, examining international best practice in Corporate Governance, and running a longer practical exercise in putting together a board and discussing a series of real time issues.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Introduce international best practices for boards and directors
- Improve confidence and competence in the performance of your governance responsibilities
- Focus on key, developing, leading edge issues worldwide
- Avoid corporate infractions and regulatory penalties
- The Scope and Purpose of Corporate Governance
- Does Good Corporate Governance Add Value?
- Landmark Recent Global Developments in Corporate Governance
- Directors’ Duties
- What Makes Boards Effective?
- Non-Executive Directors
- Effective Nominations/Governance and Remuneration Committees of Boards
- Effective Audit Committees of Boards
- Reporting On Risk Management and Internal Control
- What to Look For From Your External Auditor